POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question of the day... : Re: Question of the day... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question of the day...
From: nemesis
Date: 26 Jan 2008 05:55:01
Message: <web.479b10cbe1d0580ad77696980@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
> > Then the answer would be "no", not "yes". :-) If the place doesn't
> > exist, then asking whether there's something at that place would be
> > answered "no". Do the taxi drivers on the moon accept tips? No.
>
> According to my philosophy 101 teacher at university, you can validly
> say anything about nonexistent things.  All unicorns are chartreuse, no
> harbl which has a frobotz is virpo, that kind of thing.  So the taxi
> drivers on the moon both do and do not accept tips.

indeed.  Wu/Mu is the correct answer to such questions.

It's the correct answer to this particular question as well, regardless of your
beliefs:  there'd be no need for free will in heaven, because you're in Heaven
for crying out loud!!  Heaven/Nirvana/whatever, you're there! no need for
endless argumentations with strangers about your reasons, no need to disagree
for the sake of disagreement, no tribal wars over some irrelevant material
needs:  just enjoy your perfect comunion with the divine, hope you like your
stay!